Healthy ecosystems depend upon native plants to provide sustenance and nesting sites for the creatures that are a part of those ecosystems.
Manada Conservancy provides these native plant guides (below) to the public to help them make informed decisions in their own landscapes. Many of the PDF lists and data presented here were compiled by Ann Bodling under the Pa. Wild Resources Conservation Program grant # 06180; others have been provided by program speakers.
- Native Plantscapes for Year-Round Interest - Mt. Cuba Center
- Spring-Summer Plantscaping Handout - Mt. Cuba Center
- Fall-Winter Plantscaping Handout - Mt Cuba Center
- Herbaceous Plants for Shade
- Herbaceous Plants for Sun to Part Sun
- Native Plants for Birds
- Native Shrubs for Shade to Light Shade
- Native Shrubs for Sun to Part Sun
- Native Trees for Dry Soil
- Native Trees for Moist Soil
- Sunny Butterfly Gardens
- Supporting Birds in Our Gardens
- Sunny Hummingbird Garden
- Native Plants for Wildlife Habitat and Conservation Landscaping